Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Black and White Composition

For this composition I wanted the eye to move up the page to the upper right corner. For this I used the circles getting smaller and lighter to draw the eye up. To balance this movement I created heavy lines in the upper left corner and also had slight movement down the page with the rotated squares. The heaviness of the black circle in the lower right and the black lines in the upper left balances the composition diagonally. I created the differing grays throughout the circles, squares and lines to give the composition more depth than if it were a simply black and white. This difference in color also allows the black objects to appear heavier and have more of an impact.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the contrasts between the edges of the squares and lines with the smoothness of the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how all the shapes seem to have a reason for being where they are (Except that square in the lower right, but i get it, it's an "Outlier").

    ReplyDelete